IPA Effectiveness Awards 2010: Silver Award - KFC
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 November 2010 12:00AM
Title: Fresh chicken, fresh users, fresh growth
Client: Yum! Restaurants International
Author: Jude Lowson, BBH
Contributing authors: Ed Booty, BBH; Vishal Patel, Paul Dyson, Data2Decisions
Credited companies - Creative agency: BBH; media agency: Walker Media
Media used: Newspapers, outdoor/poster, TV
IN A NUTSHELL
Using revised communications to convince consumers of KFC's dedication to fresh chicken and fresh preparation, the campaign achieved incremental sales revenue of £191.4 million, with a ROMI of 5.32:1.
In 2009, following three years of growth driven by taste-centric communications, KFC faced challenging sales targets. To meet these, KFC had to attract a wider audience, who were currently not visiting because of concerns about the quality of KFC's food. In order to build quality credentials, the "Fresh" campaign was launched, offering viewers a behind-the-scenes look into KFC stores and allowing them a first-hand view of KFC's dedication to fresh chicken and fresh preparation. The revised communications model achieved incremental sales revenue of £191.4 million, for a ROMI of 5.32:1.
KFC was an excellent case with a clear objective to change people's attitude towards the brand. The use of strong insight and revised communications successfully delivered business results.
Philip Almond, global brand director, Baileys.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Content Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London
- Director of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover) Almeida Theatre circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience, Islington, North London
- Digital Manager-Electronics, 6-12 Month Mat.Cover Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Category Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £40000 - £45000 Per Annum Car Allowance and Exceptional Bonus, Midlands
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare