Aunt Bessie reintroduces Margaret and Mabel in £6.5m ad rollout
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2010 11:53AM
Aunt Bessie is bringing back its nosey neighbours Margaret and Mabel in a £6.5m ad campaign to promote its new Midweek Mini Roasties brand.
The ad, created by VCCP, will reintroduce the brand’s characters featured in its 2009 campaign.
The new ad will see the pair spying for on the family across the road, with Mabel harnessed and winched down – 'Mission: Impossible'-style – to try and get a taste to compare how Mum’s roasts compare to theirs.
The characters were introduced last year in a bid to appeal to a younger audience
The campaign will include a new website offering tips and recipes supplied by Aunt Bessie’s new Canny Cooks panel, led by TV chef Lesley Waters.
Ross Longton, Heinz Frozen UK senior brand manager, said: "We identified the midweek occasion as an opportunity to drive category growth, where consumers often have limited time to cook.
"We understand that Mums can sometimes feel guilty giving their children chips every night, and the new Midweek Mini Roasties provide a great alternative."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films