Aunt Bessie reintroduces Margaret and Mabel in £6.5m ad rollout
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2010 11:53AM
Aunt Bessie is bringing back its nosey neighbours Margaret and Mabel in a £6.5m ad campaign to promote its new Midweek Mini Roasties brand.
The ad, created by VCCP, will reintroduce the brand’s characters featured in its 2009 campaign.
The new ad will see the pair spying for on the family across the road, with Mabel harnessed and winched down – 'Mission: Impossible'-style – to try and get a taste to compare how Mum’s roasts compare to theirs.
The characters were introduced last year in a bid to appeal to a younger audience
The campaign will include a new website offering tips and recipes supplied by Aunt Bessie’s new Canny Cooks panel, led by TV chef Lesley Waters.
Ross Longton, Heinz Frozen UK senior brand manager, said: "We identified the midweek occasion as an opportunity to drive category growth, where consumers often have limited time to cook.
"We understand that Mums can sometimes feel guilty giving their children chips every night, and the new Midweek Mini Roasties provide a great alternative."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager - Market Research - Berkshire Stonor £35-£40K, Berkshire
- eCRM MANAGER - High Street Retailer Success Digital £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Digital Gurus £50000 per annum + double OTE, City of London
- Senior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Woburn Sands