Monkey opens stocking in latest PG Tips spot
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 November 2010 11:30AM
PG Tips has launched its Christmas campaign featuring Johnny Vegas and Monkey opening their stockings.
The ad, created by Mother, shows Vegas bursting into Monkey’s room in the middle of the night waking him up with a tray of tea and a Christmas pudding.
Vegas then excitedly tells Monkey that Santa Claus has been to visit them and makes Monkey to open his stocking, which reveals a toy miniature version of Monkey.
The agency’s brief from Unilever was to wish its PG drinkers a Happy Christmas by giving away toy Monkeys, which come free with a pack of tea.
The production company behind the ad was Hammer and Tongs and it was produced by Nick Goldsmith. The ad was directed by Garth Jennings.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank £22000 - £25000 per annum, Ascot
- Digital Senior/Account Director - Consumer/Lifestyle Clients Digital Gurus £45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- MW Copywriter Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?