Victorian taste-tester tackles Fentimans soft drinks
Fentimans, the botanical soft-drinks brand, is launching its first online campaign, created by independent creative agency, Sell! Sell!
The campaign, called "Fentimans taste demonstrations", is made of three 30-second ads featuring Arthur, a Victorian-style taste-tester, who compares Fentimans with other soft drinks.
The ads each focus on a different Fentimans adult soft drink -Curiosity Cola, Victorian Lemonade and Ginger Beer.
Each ad is presented as a Victorian product demonstration, in which Arthur tastes an ordinary soft drink and compares it against one of Fentimans' drinks.
The character then has to demonstrate the drinks' taste "kick" by enduring painful comparisons, including a kick in the groin from a large man and being pelted by lemons.
The campaign, launched this week, will run across YouTube and online networks TV Catch Up, Unanimis Network and Unruly Media for one month. Media is handled by The Media Shop.
Vic Polkinghorne, creative director, Sell! Sell!, said: "If you have a strong product, we think any advertising that doesn't communicate how and why is potentially wasting valuable marketing money.
"The brief for this campaign was actually quite difficult, because the ads needed to introduce Fentimans to new people, but we felt it was important to communicate strongly why their drinks are superior at the same time."Creative agency: Sell! Sell!
Copywriter: Sell! Sell!
Art director: Sell! Sell!
Media agency: The Media Shop
Production agency: Gas & Electric
Post production: Gas & Electric
Director: Sell! Sell!
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London