EA seeks agency to handle Fifa global advertising brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 November 2010 11:20AM
Electronic Arts is reviewing the global advertising account for the next instalment in its Fifa series of video games, Fifa 12.
The account is currently held by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam and the agency is repitching for the business in conjunction with AKQA ahead of Fifa 12's launch in autumn 2011.
At least three other agencies, including London-based shops, are expected to take part in the process.
Two months ago, W&K Amsterdam launched a campaign to raise awareness of Fifa 11 using Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini. The TV ad depicted the players involved in a football match shown on a giant screen.
The agency's previous work for the Fifa series included a viral promoting the Fifa 10 game featuring some of the world's best footballers undertaking a "Blindfolded Keepie Uppie Challenge".
News of the pitch follows EA's recent announcement that the Fifa franchise has sold 100 million units in its 18-year existence. This target was reached after Fifa 11 sold 2.6 million copies in its first five days, making it the fastest-selling sports video game ever.
EA's other major global sports title, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, was also supported by a campaign ahead of its launch in June. Woods and other golfers, including Ian Poulter, featured in the activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push