Famous Grouse marks 15 festive years
The Famous Grouse, the Scotch whisky distributed by Maxxium UK, is returning to TV screens on Friday (26 November) in its 15th consecutive Christmas ad campaign.
The ad has been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and celebrates the brand’s success as the best-selling whisky in Scotland for the past 30 years.
It shows a ruffled grouse running startled from a series of loud bangs. The bird then becomes embarrassed, but proud, as it realises that the loud noises are party poppers and a surprise party is being held to celebrate the brand's success.
The TV campaign will run for five weeks up until Hogmany (2 January). It will be shown across terrestrial and digital channels, with media planning and buying handled by MEC.
Linda Sooprayen, brand manager at Maxxium UK, said: "The fact that we are investing again in TV advertising for The Famous Grouse underlines our commitment to driving consumer demand during this key selling period.
"The new advert perfectly combines the brand’s great history and heritage with our famous witty tone, and, of course, features our iconic bird, which has become such a recognisable and much-loved feature of Christmas television."
The ad is produced by HRA and directed by Gerry Hibbert, with post-production by HRA/Framestore. The copywriter is Alan Foster and art direction is by Brett James.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency