Famous Grouse marks 15 festive years
The Famous Grouse, the Scotch whisky distributed by Maxxium UK, is returning to TV screens on Friday (26 November) in its 15th consecutive Christmas ad campaign.
The ad has been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and celebrates the brand’s success as the best-selling whisky in Scotland for the past 30 years.
It shows a ruffled grouse running startled from a series of loud bangs. The bird then becomes embarrassed, but proud, as it realises that the loud noises are party poppers and a surprise party is being held to celebrate the brand's success.
The TV campaign will run for five weeks up until Hogmany (2 January). It will be shown across terrestrial and digital channels, with media planning and buying handled by MEC.
Linda Sooprayen, brand manager at Maxxium UK, said: "The fact that we are investing again in TV advertising for The Famous Grouse underlines our commitment to driving consumer demand during this key selling period.
"The new advert perfectly combines the brand’s great history and heritage with our famous witty tone, and, of course, features our iconic bird, which has become such a recognisable and much-loved feature of Christmas television."
The ad is produced by HRA and directed by Gerry Hibbert, with post-production by HRA/Framestore. The copywriter is Alan Foster and art direction is by Brett James.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London