We Buy Any Car to hire first agency
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 December 2010 10:35AM
Fans of the annoyingly catchy We Buy Any Car TV ads could soon be in for a few surprises, following the car-valuation company's decision to appoint an advertising agency.
We Buy Any Car, which spends £9 million on advertising, is understood to be close to appointing the appropriately named Manchester-based agency Driven.
Driven is believed to be in final negotiations over the account after a pitch that also included Ruby and WDMP.
However, Paul Coulter, the head of marketing at We Buy Any Car, said that a decision will not be made until the end of the week.
The company has previously created all of its advertising in-house, and its singalong "WeBuyAnyCar.com" lyrics have irritated many viewers while proving difficult to ignore, due to the frequency of their broadcast on digital TV channels.
We Buy Any Car's "dinner party" advertising campaign, which broke in August, introduced the brand's new character Dave.
It featured Dave attempting to sell his car the traditional way, leading him to miss out on his girlfriend Vicky's party. Revellers at the party then call Dave and break into a rendition of WeBuyAnyCar.com down the phone. The lyrics include: "WeBuyAnyCar.com, any make, any model, any age, any price, only 50 quid. WeBuyAnyCar.com." The spot ends with Dave's girlfriend and her companion breaking into a rap.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account