Best Western kicks off integrated review
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 December 2010 10:45AM
Best Western, the hotel chain, is looking for an agency to handle its integrated advertising account.
The company has called a pitch as part of an effort to consolidate all of its marketing activity into a single agency.
Best Western currently works with regional agencies across its integrated advertising business, including Uber, Make it Rain and An Agency Called England, but is now understood to be keen to shift all of its advertising activity into a larger single shop.
A number of agencies have already been contacted by the hotel chain and initial meetings have been held, with pitches expected to take place later this month.
Best Western has been ramping up its advertising activity this year as it looks to reclaim market share from InterContinental Hotel Group's Holiday Inn, in the mid-range hotel sector. Earlier this year, it launched its first-ever TV ad, created by Uber, which highlighted the different "personalities" that each hotel in its portfolio has.
The spot featured employees from the hotels talking about the variety of locations, views and activities that each one offers.
The advertising campaign was supported by social activity, created by the Manchester-based agency Brazen. The work revolved around a "Britain's Got Personality" competition, which searched for people with unique talents through blogs, Facebook and Twitter.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account