Iris strengthens relationship with London 2012
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (Locog) has appointed Iris, creators of the controversial Olympic mascots, to handle its UK digital business for the Games.
The agency won the account to promote its mascots online following a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The aim is to encourage young people to get involved in sport.
The appointment strengthens Iris’ relationship with Locog after it created Wenlock for the Olympics and Mandeville for the Paralympics, following a competitive pitch against VCCP, Mother and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Wenlock and Mandeville are one-eyed metallic characters, which are meant to represent the last two drops of steel poured for the final girder of the 2012 stadium, before a grandfather retired home to carve them into a new form.
A Locog spokesperson said: "When Wenlock and Mandeville came into the world earlier this year, we said people would be able to engage with them online and we will be working with Iris to help us do that."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - Blackminster location Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum, Oxford
- Web & Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + dependent on experience, Milton Keynes
- Marketing Communications Executive Pitch Consultants £21000 - £22000 per annum + Excellent benefits, Redditch
- Channel Marketing Manager Three £competitive + benefits + bonus, Maidenhead