Diageo calls on Reds stars for Smirnoff campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 December 2010 08:00AM
Diageo's flagship Smirnoff brand has launched an above-the-line campaign featuring three stars of Manchester United playing a surreal game of football above and below water.
The ad, created by JWT Sydney and shot in Manchester using 3D technology, features Rio Ferdinand, Ji-sun Park and Ryan Giggs playing a bizarre form of football before a Smirnoff bottle emerges from the water. It ends with the words "Discover Extraordinary Purity".
It is launching this month (December) across the Asia Pacific region on TV and digital media.
Ingrid Tatham, Smirnoff regional brand manager, said: "Manchester United has a huge following and really resonated with our Smirnoff fans in Asia, we are excited to create a dynamic and engaging new campaign for our customers to interact and take part in ."
In 2008, Diageo launched a two-year commercial partnership with Manchester United, as the football team looked to grow its global fan base.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- SEO and Analytics Specialist PFJ £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Manager (interim to perm) Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + dependent on experience, Hemel Hempstead
- account director > INFLUENTIAL CHALLENGER BRAND collectivo £40-50k + bens, London