Coca-Cola hands Universal McCann EMEA search account
Universal McCann has picked up the Coca-Cola paid search account for EMEA.
The agency won the account following a competitive pitch. The EMEA and GB search account is currently handled by AKQA Media. It is unclear if AKQA's relationship with Coca-Cola will be affected.
Universal McCann has worked with the soft drinks giant since 1957 and currently handles work in 57 markets across the world, including North America, Korea, Hong Kong Spain and Turkey. However, the agency has never worked with Coca-Cola on its search account previously.
Coca-Cola currently uses a number of agencies on its advertising roster including Glue Isobar, Iris Worldwide, Fallon, Vizeum and Mother.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola GB launched a Christmas campaign, rewarding responsible drivers with a "Bogof" offer on its Coca-Cola and Diet Coke brands, in a bid to keep the roads safe.
Created by Iris, the "designated driver" campaign, now in its third year, is run in conjunction with the Department for Transport.
Coca-Cola and Universal McCann were unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency