Coca-Cola hands Universal McCann EMEA search account
Universal McCann has picked up the Coca-Cola paid search account for EMEA.
The agency won the account following a competitive pitch. The EMEA and GB search account is currently handled by AKQA Media. It is unclear if AKQA's relationship with Coca-Cola will be affected.
Universal McCann has worked with the soft drinks giant since 1957 and currently handles work in 57 markets across the world, including North America, Korea, Hong Kong Spain and Turkey. However, the agency has never worked with Coca-Cola on its search account previously.
Coca-Cola currently uses a number of agencies on its advertising roster including Glue Isobar, Iris Worldwide, Fallon, Vizeum and Mother.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola GB launched a Christmas campaign, rewarding responsible drivers with a "Bogof" offer on its Coca-Cola and Diet Coke brands, in a bid to keep the roads safe.
Created by Iris, the "designated driver" campaign, now in its third year, is run in conjunction with the Department for Transport.
Coca-Cola and Universal McCann were unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager/Director, full time (would consider 4 days per week) Wonderberry UK Ltd Dependent on experience, Farringdon
- Online Visual Merchandising Manager Luxury Fashion brand Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30k, City of London
- Digital Account Manager (ASAP) Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views