EBay and BBH part company after marketing changes
Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) has parted ways with eBay and its £22m pan-European advertising account just over a year since winning it, due to "marketing priority changes within eBay".
The agency picked up the business in April last year following a final pitch against Fallon and French agency, Legg. The review was called following eBay's decision to put all of its business into one agency after consolidating its marketing teams.
The original pitch list also included the company's local roster agencies, but Euro RSCG France, Albion and Springer & Jacoby were kicked off in favour of the final three.
Since winning the business, BBH's work for the auction site includes the current eBay Fashion Outlet work which is running in the UK as well as on TV in France.
EBay was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push