EBay and BBH part company after marketing changes
Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) has parted ways with eBay and its £22m pan-European advertising account just over a year since winning it, due to "marketing priority changes within eBay".
The agency picked up the business in April last year following a final pitch against Fallon and French agency, Legg. The review was called following eBay's decision to put all of its business into one agency after consolidating its marketing teams.
The original pitch list also included the company's local roster agencies, but Euro RSCG France, Albion and Springer & Jacoby were kicked off in favour of the final three.
Since winning the business, BBH's work for the auction site includes the current eBay Fashion Outlet work which is running in the UK as well as on TV in France.
EBay was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account