Harvey Nichols launches satirical online video
Harvey Nichols is launching a humorous tongue-in-cheek online video targeting upmarket fashionistas.
The 60-second video, created by DDB UK and launching today (15 December), unveils small dogs as the must-have accessory this Christmas. The video, hosted on YouTube, will be sent to Harvey Nichols customers and suppliers and will also feature on the retailer’s site.
The video, entitled "not just for Christmas," shows a woman shopping in Harvey Nichols, choosing a pooch to match her shoes.
The satirical ad that plays on the celebrity trend of having a dog as an accessory, made famous by socialite heir Paris Hilton, also shows gift-wrapped pugs, chihuahuas and cavapoos, and dog accessories.
Julia Bowe, marketing communications director at Harvey Nichols, said: "We wanted to create a feelgood Christmas message, which pokes fun at the absurd lengths to which some fashionistas will go to even using dogs as an accessory to their outfits. During filming, the dogs had a great time and so did we."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London