DDB's Woodford joins Skillset
Skillset, the government-backed skills and training group, has appointed DDB UK's chairman and chief executive Stephen Woodford to its board.
Woodford, who is also president of the National Advertising Benevolent Society (Nabs) and former president of the IPA, bring almost 30 years of advertising experience to the role.
The 51-year-old will serve as the voice of the advertising industry on Skillset, helping to address the skills issues the industry faces today, and in the future.
His appointment comes at the start of 2011, a year in which product placement is expected to arrive on British TV, the Advertising Standards Authority increases its remit to include online, and the industry faces increasing challenges around government restrictions and censorship.
Stewart Till, Skillset’s incoming chair, said: "We are extremely happy to be welcoming such an accomplished member of the advertising industry to our board. We look forward to Stephen’s voice being added to the discussion about the future of skills in our industries."
Janet Hull, the IPA’s director of marketing, said: "Skillset definitely has the ear of government on the skills agenda. We are working together to define skills gaps, expand our links with higher education, and join forces with other creative sectors – TV, film video gaming, online publishing – to help improve the talent pool from which we all draw."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Social Account Manager - Awesome Consumer & FMCG Brands Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Manager, Annual Reports, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Fashion Community Manager - Leading Comms Agency Digital Gurus £25000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday