WPP expands in Singapore
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 December 2010 09:14AM
WPP has completed its third acquisition in six weeks, buying Singapore-based digital agency Yolk through its advertising agency network Grey, for an undisclosed sum.
Established in 2001, Yolk operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia, and specialises in digital and social media, viral marketing, and online advertising.
Yolk earned $1.3m in revenue to the end of 2009, and employs 40 people, with clients Canon, Ciba Vision, Microsoft and the Singapore Economic Development Board.
The acquisition continues WPP's expansion into rapidly expanding markets and digital media.
In the past two months WPP has bought two agencies in the US, including Marketing Direct, which will form the core of KBM Groups's healthcare division.
In October, WPP reported a 12.2% rise in third-quarter revenue to £2.2bn, driven by the group's specialist communications division.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire
- Art Director/Head of Art Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, City of London