Virgin Atlantic unveils online film for app launch
Virgin Atlantic has released an online film to promote the launch of its new Flight Tracker iPhone app.
The film, created by LBi, stars Alex MacQueen from hit TV comedy ‘Inbetweeners’ and TV series ‘The Thick of It’, as Terry .
Available on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, the film features a comic love story between creepy Terry and Rose.
Terry describes the story of how he first met and fell in love with Rose and how their relationship blossomed.
He then proceeds to explain how he is now no longer allowed within 30,000 feet of Rose, who turns out to be a Virgin Atlantic aeroplane. The film is also available on Virgin Atlantics homepage.
The film was developed by LBi in conjunction with the agency’s comedy partner, Hoot, a production company specialising in comedy founded by Perrier Award winner James Rawlings and BAFTA nominated screenwriter Ben Bond.
Virgin’s latest version of the Flight Tracker app allows customers to check-in, select seats, keep an eye on flights and check their Flying Club account while on the move.
Graham Hodge, director of branded content at LBi, said: "Virgin Atlantic’s bold, irreverent brand gave us a fantastic opportunity to turn the humble app demo movie on its head and create something that’s funny and entirely fresh. We’re really proud of this piece and the way it enhances the online experience of the brand with high-quality, on-brand content."
Virgin's Flight Tracker app was the first airline app to include games and the film continues such innovation.
Fergus Boyd, acting head of eBusiness at Virgin Atlantic, said: "We are passionate about our airline and our planes and this amusing and well-crafted video adds an extra dimension to that."
Yesterday reports emerged Virgin Atlantic boss Sir Richard Branson is preparing to sell his majority stake in the company in order to attract new investors.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency