MediaVest retains £3m Cineworld business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 December 2010 12:38PM
MediaVest has retained the £3m media business for multiplex cinema chain Cineworld, ending a three-month pitch process.
The Publicis Groupe agency kept hold of the business after fending off Vizeum, Maxus, MCHI and Walker media.
The process is believed to have involved tough negotiations. MediaVest is understood to have been given set targets for the first half of 2011, upon which the future of the business rests.
The Starcom MediaVest Group agency has held the account for more than 10 years, stretching back to the time when Cineworld was called UGC.
Cineworld currently spends an estimated £1m on media, but is set to raise this in the New Year, when it promotes site openings and its investment in digital screen technology.
Cineworld's revenue in the six months to 1 July rose 3.8 per cent to £162m, with the company crediting films such as 'Avatar' in 3D as contributing to this increase.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Project Officer Brand Recruitment £18000 - £22000 per annum, Cambridge
- Consumer Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + OUTSTANDING commission, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £32000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits & commission, London