Thinkbox prepares Harvey the dog TV ad for Christmas
Thinkbox is returning to TV screens this Christmas by relaunching its ad featuring Harvey the dog.
The marketing television body will launch its Christmas ad from tomorrow (22 December). It will run until December 31.
The commercial will feature across a variety of broadcast channels represented by Thinkbox’s shareholders, namely Channel 4, Five, GMTV, ITV, Sky Media, Turner Media Innovations and Viacom.
The ad, which originally aired in September, is by The Red Brick Road's copywriter Gemma Phillips, art director Mark Slack and creative director Justin Tindall. It is directed by the award-winning Andy McLeod of Rattling Stick.
It features a couple visiting a dogs' rescue centre to adopt a pet. They see two conventionally lovable dogs who use their doggy charms to sell themselves before encountering a less obviously cute dog called Harvey who has a different, smarter approach – he's made a TV ad.
The ad ends with the strapline "Every home needs a Harvey" and "Discover the power of TV advertising at www.thinkbox.tv". The soundtrack to the ad is Bachman-Turner Overdrive's 1974 classic, 'You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet'.
Lindsey Clay, marketing director at Thinkbox, said: "It’s wonderful to be bringing Harvey back to TV. Harvey has proved to be both very popular with the British public and very effective at promoting the benefits of TV advertising. Christmas is the perfect time to bring him back and capitalise on TV’s central role at Christmas, with families gathering around the TV."
Since launching in September, Thinkbox’s TV ad has seen Thinkbox.tv's traffic increase by more than 400%. Harvey's Facebook page has over 7,000 fans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London