Initiative launches no-cost global campaign for diabetes charity
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 December 2010 09:16AM
Initiative is launching a no-cost, worldwide campaign to drive awareness of the research undertaken by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
The campaign, called The World Smiles, will appear in more than 50 markets around the world, without incurring any media or creative cost.
The World Smiles features images of healthy, smiling children from across the globe, which drive users to www.theworldsmiles.org, where they are asked to say what makes them smile and are invited to donate directly to the JDRF.
Mediabrands' Initiative is partnering with media owners in all key advertising markets across the world, to run the campaign for free on television, radio, online, email, outdoor, and in newspapers and magazines.
The World Smiles, which will run from 26 December into January 2011, was created by Initiative-owned Puerto Rican creative agency, Sajo García Alcazar. The site was created by online marketing agency Ariadna.
In addition, the IPG creative network McCann Erickson has also offered its services to Initiative and JDRF free of charge. The agency will manage translations and adaptations in all markets where the campaign is running.
Mauricio Sabogal, worldwide managing director, Initiative, said: "It is vital that large, global companies such as Initiative play their part in charitable activities."
Jeffrey Brewer, president and chief executive of the JDRF, said: "We are pleased that Initiative has decided to invest its time and resources to support JDRF. This holiday campaign will help promote the important work we are doing to find better treatments and a cure for the millions of people around the world living with type 1 diabetes."
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International is the worldwide leader in funding research to find better treatments and a cure for type 1 diabetes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency