Toyota launches TV ad starring Supergrass singer Gaz Coombes
Toyota has unveiled a new TV ad for its Yaris model starring former Supergrass frontman Gaz Coombes.
The ad, by Saatchi & Saatchi, features a young couple shopping in the snow. The male character spots his musical hero Coombes and asks his girlfriend to take a picture of the two of them but she only manages to capture their legs.
It then cuts to an event that occurred two days earlier. The boyfriend is climbing into his partner’s Toyota Yaris and reaches for the radio to turn up Supergrass' 90s hit single 'Pumping On Your Stereo'. He smears buttery fingers all over the car, thereby insinuating she deliberately sabotaged the photograph.
The ad cuts to the endline, "Yaris. Treat it with respect."
Read an exclusive interview with Britpop star Coombes about his participation in the ad.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sales Development Manager Adam Recruitment £33000 per annum, Cheshire
- Social Media Strategist Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Digital Performance Director Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Designer - West London Nakama £40 000 + Benefits, West London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'