Children's hospice calls on Apprentice star Nick Hewer for digital campaign
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 December 2010 08:31AM
Children's hospice Richard House has launched a digital campaign that features 'The Apprentice' star Nick Hewer being interviewed by a puppet to raise money for the charity.
The campaign intends to raise £1m over three years for children with complex healthcare conditions, or life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses, who use the Docklands-based hospice’s service.
Lord Sugar’s advisor Nick Hewer agreed to be filmed for the Facebook campaign, in which he is interviewed by a 12-inch glove puppet called Harry.
Kate Walsh, the runner-up in the 2009 series and presenter of 'Live at Studio 5', was also interviewed by the puppet as part of the hospice’s Harry's Million campaign.
Harry the puppet is based on Harry Singh, a young adult at Richard House. The puppet was created by the children of Richard House with the help of Clapham-based Absolutely Cuckoo, the people behind the CBeebies children's programme 'Waybuloo'.
The real Harry has received care from Richard House for the past nine years and is now employed one day a week by the hospice.
In the film Hewer reveals his hobby of collecting vintage tractors and speaks about the attributes a contestant should have to win a place on 'The Apprentice'.
He said: "The chances of you getting through (to 'The Apprentice') depend on the creativity of your application form, and how brilliant you are in the audition."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account