AMV's Farah Ramzan Golant receives CBE
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's executive chairman Farah Ramzan Golant has been awarded a CBE for services to advertising.
Ramzan Golant joined AMV in 1990, three years after graduating from Cambridge University. During her tenure at the agency, Ramzan Golant has run a portfolio of clients including Sainsbury’s, BT, Johnson & Johnson and Mars.
She has also headed the client service department and co-founded the BBDO Worldwide Telecoms Hub.
In 2002, Ramzan Golant was appointed managing director. Two years later, she became chief executive and, in 2007, she was invited to sit on the BBDO Worldwide board.
In November, she became executive chairman, reporting to AMV BBDO Group chairman, Cilla Snowball.
Snowball was herself awarded a CBE in last year's New Year Honours.
Also honoured with an MBE for services to the creative industry was Jeff Vickers, a former advertising photographer, who is the founder of point-of-sale creative company Genix Imaging.
Genix has worked for clients including Nike, Selfridges and Marks & Spencer.
In the 1980s, Vickers devised a fast way of colour copying campaign storyboards, adopted by ad agencies to save time when presenting to clients. ChromaCopy, the company he founded along with a global franchise, later changed its name to Genix in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires