Weight Watchers launches 'not just for diets' push
Weight Watchers from Heinz has launched a £1.5m New Year ad campaign by VCCP to reposition its range of frozen foods as not just for dieters.
The TV ad features redundant exercise items that adopt new functions around the home. An exercise bike becomes a clothes rail and weights are used as a doorstop.
Weight Watchers from Heinz has a 12% share of the frozen ready meals market and has ambitions to grow by competing outside of "diet" frozen convenience food.
Sally Marshall, marketing manager, Heinz Frozen UK, said: "Weight Watchers is a leading weight management program and food brand. In addition Heinz is recognised for its food and taste values.
"Weight Watchers from Heinz plays to both of these strengths and as a result the range has a broad appeal, from consumers looking for convenient frozen ready meals to those who are looking to manage their weight as part of a healthy lifestyle."
Dominic Stinton, group managing director of VCCP said: "We've created a timely campaign that focuses on a simple insight that shows that life doesn’t need to be difficult, even for those people watching their weight.
"Weight Watchers from Heinz brings this to life with the creative 'finally something you can stick to'."
The ad is produced by Carly Parris from VCCP, with art direction by Tim Kittel and Steven Robertson. The copywriters are Samantha Laub and Laurie Smith. Spank is the production company and the media planning and buying is handled by Vizeum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England