Dustin Hoffman stars in Sky Atlantic ad
Hollywood actor Dustin Hoffman stars in a TV ad for new channel Sky Atlantic, which has the exclusive UK rights to show cult series such as 'Mad Men', ahead of the channel's launch on 1 February.
Hoffman’s first TV series 'Luck', which is about horse racing, will be shown on Sky Atlantic towards the end of the year. Other highlights include the back and future catalogue of American TV network HBO, including 'The Wire'.
The TV ad, which was produced by WCRS and directed by Sky's creative director Barry Skolnick, features Hoffman speaking directly to the camera against the backdrop of the New York skyline, talking about the art of storytelling.
After its premier this evening (7 January), the TV ad will run across a range of digital and terrestrial networks, in a campaign planned and bought by MediaCom. The Dustin Hoffman creative will also be used on Sky’s online magazine and Sky.com.
Naomi Gibney, director of marketing and communications for Sky Networks, said: "Sky Atlantic HD is a major new channel for Sky with great storytelling and incredible performances at its heart.
"We therefore wanted a collaboration with a hugely talented actor in a marketing campaign that reflected the power of great stories, and Dustin Hoffman was the perfect choice."
Last October, BSkyB announced plans to launch Sky Atlantic as a new entertainment channel, showing both American and British productions, to sit alongside Sky1 and Sky Living, formerly known as Living.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account