Mike Leigh directs 'Jobaphobia' ad
Jobsite has enlisted the help of five-time Oscar-nominated director Mike Leigh to direct its New Year ad campaign that encourages people to upload their CVs.
The campaign, created by Hooper Galton, features 'Hotel Babylon' actor Max Beesley, who has been the face of the brand since 2008.
The two 30-second and 10-second TV ads will run for four weeks from this week. Two bespoke 15-second ads will also be made for mobile for the first time. The campaign will also run across VoD, press, online and social media.
The TV ad "scared" features Beesley talking to the camera about people's fears and explains "newjobaphobia" can be easily overcome if they upload their CV onto Jobsite.
In the past Leigh, who has directed films such as 'Vera Drake' and 'Secret and Lies', has also shot ads for McDonalds and Transport for London.
Agencies Starcom Mediavest and Yodel Digital are handling the media planning and buying of the campaign. The production company on the campaign is Crossroads. The art director is Dave Westland and the copywriter is Rob Tuner.
Felix Wetzel, group marketing director at Jobsite, said: "The shift in tone was crucial for us. The last campaign Hooper Galton devised was so successful and Max was the perfect casting, so we didn't want to change the fundamental elements.
"But times have changed so a tonal shift needed to happen. We hope the New Year launch will motivate millions of people to improve their employment situation – and find a job that is right for them."
Oliver Lewis-Barclay, managing director at Hooper Galton, said: "Max’s personality is what made the last campaign so successful. In this campaign we’ve sought to broaden his character by allowing him to muse on the subject of job seeking.
"We’ve developed his role to give him more depth, so people will really sit up, pay attention and act. There’s a real shift in tone to being on your side rather than on your case. We’re hoping to stimulate debate at a crucial time of the year."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign