Lebedev's debut TV ad for i to feature Jemima Khan and Dom Joly
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 11 January 2011 10:54AM
Alexander Lebedev's 20p daily newspaper i is launching its debut TV advertising campaign later this month featuring celebrities and past contributors Jemima Khan and Dom Joly.
The two month campaign, primarily running across TV and radio, is geared towards heightening awareness of the newspaper following its high-profile launch in October last year.
The first TV ad will air on 16 January, created by McCann London, and will feature Joly and Khan, among others, extolling the virtues of i. In the past, Joly and Khan have both written for The Independent, the sister newspaper of i.
The outdoor launch campaign that supported i's 2010 roll out was undertaken by Beattie McGuinness Bungy (BMB).
As part of the new campaign, i took over sponsorship of the Heart radio breakfast show on January 4. It will run until the end of the month.
The marketing campaign has been spearheaded by the paper's managing director Andy Mullins. The media has been bought through Walker Media.
Last week, it was revealed that i's debut audited circulation figure had been delayed and is not likely to be published until February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity