Lenovo appoints Saatchi & Saatchi to £60m global ad account
Lenovo, the world's fourth-largest PC maker, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its estimated £60m global advertising account.
It is expected the Publicis-owned agency will work alongside Lenovo's retained agency Ogilvy & Mather, which has been working on the account since 2005.
Saatchi & Saatchi is expected to raise awareness of the Lenovo products launched at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, including the lightweight "Le Pad" slate and a slimmer version of its ThinkPad laptop.
Lenovo has traditionally focused on the PC market but is diversifying into mobile devices. In May last year the company launched "Lephone", its touch screen smartphone.
Lenovo, which was formed by the sale of IBM’s PC business to Chinese electronics giant Lenovo Group in a $1.25bn deal five years ago, invited ad networks to pitch for the business in November.
The technology company is China's largest personal computer maker and the fourth biggest PC maker behind Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Dell.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive to Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £21000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Assistant Vice President -Digital Marketing Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £46,000, London
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Product Marketing Manager - ethical business ADLIB Competitive , Gloucestershire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity