Lenovo appoints Saatchi & Saatchi to £60m global ad account
Lenovo, the world's fourth-largest PC maker, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its estimated £60m global advertising account.
It is expected the Publicis-owned agency will work alongside Lenovo's retained agency Ogilvy & Mather, which has been working on the account since 2005.
Saatchi & Saatchi is expected to raise awareness of the Lenovo products launched at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, including the lightweight "Le Pad" slate and a slimmer version of its ThinkPad laptop.
Lenovo has traditionally focused on the PC market but is diversifying into mobile devices. In May last year the company launched "Lephone", its touch screen smartphone.
Lenovo, which was formed by the sale of IBM’s PC business to Chinese electronics giant Lenovo Group in a $1.25bn deal five years ago, invited ad networks to pitch for the business in November.
The technology company is China's largest personal computer maker and the fourth biggest PC maker behind Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Dell.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad