Lenovo appoints Saatchi & Saatchi to £60m global ad account
Lenovo, the world's fourth-largest PC maker, has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its estimated £60m global advertising account.
It is expected the Publicis-owned agency will work alongside Lenovo's retained agency Ogilvy & Mather, which has been working on the account since 2005.
Saatchi & Saatchi is expected to raise awareness of the Lenovo products launched at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, including the lightweight "Le Pad" slate and a slimmer version of its ThinkPad laptop.
Lenovo has traditionally focused on the PC market but is diversifying into mobile devices. In May last year the company launched "Lephone", its touch screen smartphone.
Lenovo, which was formed by the sale of IBM’s PC business to Chinese electronics giant Lenovo Group in a $1.25bn deal five years ago, invited ad networks to pitch for the business in November.
The technology company is China's largest personal computer maker and the fourth biggest PC maker behind Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Dell.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London