Dawn French to voice Tesco charity cancer ads
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 January 2011 12:10PM
Dawn French will voice an ad campaign for Tesco to raise £1m and increase awareness for the CLIC Sargent charity.
The campaign, by Red Brick Road and with media handled by Initiative, will launch on 19 January. It encourages shoppers to buy a selection of 60 products, with 5p from each sale going to the charity, which will be paid by the participating brands.
Promotions begin in-store on 19 January. The TV and radio ad campaigns begin the following day and run until 31 January.
Participating brands include Pampers, Ariel, Olay, Pantene, Dettol, Vanish, Finish, Comfort Kleenex and Andrex. A range of Tesco own-brand products are also tied to the campaign and £1 will be donated for every Andrex CLIC Sargent puppy sold.
Radio and press advertising will run alongside the TV activity and prominent marketing materials will be placed in Tesco stores to support the campaign.
Lucy Neville-Rolfe, executive director for corporate and legal affairs at Tesco, said: "Support and the continuing generosity of our customers to CLIC Sargent will mean even more nurses can coordinate care at home for children and young people with cancer."
Tesco aims to raise £5m this year for CLIC Sargent, which funds nurses to help children with cancer spend more time at home and less time in hospital.
Tesco's Christmas ads featured the addition of Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden to the familiar Tesco family.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare