Pick & Turkey league (14 Jan 2011)
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 10:10AM
Which agencies are creating work worthy to be picked by Campaign's team of avid ad watchers and which are coming out looking like a turkey?
Having sat through an avalanche of uninspiring car ads over Christmas, Matt Williams is glad to see that Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has produced something a little more innovative for Land Rover: "This is a clever and eye-catching way to demonstrate the Freelander’s ability to tackle different terrains. It’s refreshing to see a car brand willing to do something a little different with its advertising." The ad was written by Mark Waldron, art directed by Dave Godfree and directed by Peter Sluska at Hornet Workshop.
TURKEY OF THE WEEK
Anne Cassidy is dismayed by the latest ad for the watch brand Longines, created in-house and starring Kate Winslet: "The pitiful writing and direction and nonsensical storyline lend this spot the cheesy whiff of a bad soap opera. The plot centres on three actresses trying to evade the paparazzi with the help of their wristwatches. The moment Winslet looks up from her watch and smugly exclaims ‘dolce vita’ to her actress buddies marks a low point in her career. The worst thing she’s been in since Titanic."
|Pick and Turkey League 2011|
|1||Longines in-house||Longines||Dolce Vita|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account