Pick & Turkey league (14 Jan 2011)
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 10:10AM
Which agencies are creating work worthy to be picked by Campaign's team of avid ad watchers and which are coming out looking like a turkey?
Having sat through an avalanche of uninspiring car ads over Christmas, Matt Williams is glad to see that Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has produced something a little more innovative for Land Rover: "This is a clever and eye-catching way to demonstrate the Freelander’s ability to tackle different terrains. It’s refreshing to see a car brand willing to do something a little different with its advertising." The ad was written by Mark Waldron, art directed by Dave Godfree and directed by Peter Sluska at Hornet Workshop.
TURKEY OF THE WEEK
Anne Cassidy is dismayed by the latest ad for the watch brand Longines, created in-house and starring Kate Winslet: "The pitiful writing and direction and nonsensical storyline lend this spot the cheesy whiff of a bad soap opera. The plot centres on three actresses trying to evade the paparazzi with the help of their wristwatches. The moment Winslet looks up from her watch and smugly exclaims ‘dolce vita’ to her actress buddies marks a low point in her career. The worst thing she’s been in since Titanic."
|Pick and Turkey League 2011|
|1||Longines in-house||Longines||Dolce Vita|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Loyalty Rewards Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni