Pick & Turkey league (14 Jan 2011)
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 January 2011 10:10AM
Which agencies are creating work worthy to be picked by Campaign's team of avid ad watchers and which are coming out looking like a turkey?
Having sat through an avalanche of uninspiring car ads over Christmas, Matt Williams is glad to see that Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has produced something a little more innovative for Land Rover: "This is a clever and eye-catching way to demonstrate the Freelander’s ability to tackle different terrains. It’s refreshing to see a car brand willing to do something a little different with its advertising." The ad was written by Mark Waldron, art directed by Dave Godfree and directed by Peter Sluska at Hornet Workshop.
TURKEY OF THE WEEK
Anne Cassidy is dismayed by the latest ad for the watch brand Longines, created in-house and starring Kate Winslet: "The pitiful writing and direction and nonsensical storyline lend this spot the cheesy whiff of a bad soap opera. The plot centres on three actresses trying to evade the paparazzi with the help of their wristwatches. The moment Winslet looks up from her watch and smugly exclaims ‘dolce vita’ to her actress buddies marks a low point in her career. The worst thing she’s been in since Titanic."
|Pick and Turkey League 2011|
|1||Longines in-house||Longines||Dolce Vita|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London