JCDecaux wins key international rail contract
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 January 2011 09:14AM
JCDecaux has won a contract for outdoor advertising at St Pancras International in London and the new Stratford International and Ebbsfleet International stations.
The five-year contract was awarded following a competitive tender against other undisclosed outdoor media companies.
The three stations, which are owned and operated by railway owner High Speed 1 (HS1), are set to play a key role during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games, when high-speed Javelin trains will transport spectators from the UK and Europe to London.
Wendy Spinks, head of revenue development at HS1, said: "We are very impressed by JCDecaux. They share our vision for these three key stations.
"High Speed 1 speeds the journeys of millions of people each year and it is important that our advertising estate reflects the quality of our operations with the very latest technology."
Jeremy Male, chief executive UK and northern Europe for JCDecaux, said: "This is a unique and important rail advertising contract to have secured, that will provide advertisers with an essential gateway to the London 2012 Olympics and beyond.
"This is also a great opportunity for brands to work with us to deliver ‘spectacular’ and digital advertising that will dominate the three most important rail hubs during the Olympic Games."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London