WPP increases stake in Mindshare South Africa
WPP is to take greater control of media agency Mindshare South Africa after agreeing to acquire another 50% of the company from Ogilvy South Africa.
Ogilvy South Africa, which is majority owned by its executive team, is a WPP associate.
Mindshare South Africa will become a WPP subsidiary as a result of the deal, and will form part of the GroupM network of companies within South Africa
The size of WPP's stake in the company has risen to around 70%, according to a spokeswoman.
Mindshare has offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, and employs 96 people. Its key clients include Unilever, Kellogg and LG.
WPP said the acquisition was a further step towards its declared goal of developing its business in the growing economies of Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East and Central/Eastern Europe.
It employs more than 20,000 people in Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London