MediaCom lands Findus in Europe
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 11:10AM
Findus Group, the frozen-food company, has appointed MediaCom to handle its £15 million pan-European media planning and buying account.
The WPP-owned agency scooped the business, which includes the UK, after a shoot-out with Starcom MediaVest Group, ending a six-month review. The incumbent on the £6 million UK account was Arena Media.
MediaCom will also work across the Young's Seafood, Findus and The Seafood Company brands in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and France.
MediaCom's appointment follows the selection, in July last year, of its sister WPP agency Grey London to the Findus UK advertising account without a pitch. The frozen-food manufacturer previously worked with the Manchester-based agency Driven.
In March last year, Findus resurrected its Chicken Curry Crispy Pancakes following a ten-year campaign for their return and a 4,500-strong Facebook petition.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity