Breakthrough Breast Cancer hires The Brooklyn Brothers
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 27 January 2011 11:30AM
Breakthrough Breast Cancer has appointed The Brooklyn Brothers to handle its 2011 Fashion Targets Breast Cancer campaign.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch managed by the AAR and has been tasked with developing the major fundraising campaign in April.
This will consist of a national outdoor campaign, supported by PR, digital and social media. It will also attempt to build the supporter community throughout the year with initiatives such as a night of intimate live music performance, called "FTBC on the QT".
The Brooklyn Brothers will continue with the long-running theme of using female celebrities to front its advertising, although the line-up has yet to be announced.
The 2010 campaign, by CMW, was supported by Kylie Minogue, Sienna Miller and Claudia Schiffer, and shot by Mario Testino. The previous year, the campaign was created by TBWA\London and featured Sarah Ferguson and Jade Jagger.
The campaign is supported by fashion retailers, including Top Shop, Marks & Spencer, River Island and Coast, which design specific black-and-white clothes to raise funds.
Jackie Stevenson, a founding partner at The Brooklyn Brothers, said: "It's a great opportunity when we can apply what we do to a good cause, and this is one that so many of us here at The Brooklyn Brothers have been affected by in one way or another."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare