W+K and OMD scoop £70m Levi's global account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 January 2011 10:45AM
Wieden + Kennedy and media agency OMD have won the consolidated £70m creative and global media planning and buying account for Levi Strauss & Co.
Levi Strauss has handed its US creative agency Wieden + Kennedy global duties. The company's Europe and Asia creative accounts have been without an incumbent since Bartle Bogle Hegarty resigned after 28-years last July.
OMD was the media incumbent and worked on the bulk of the company's media activity, focused in North America and worth £40m.
OMD secured the business after a pitch against other incumbent Starcom, which handled Levi's UK media, and WPP-owned MediaCom.
However, the brand's advertising spend in the UK has been largely dormant since 2007, with just £500,000 worth of media bought in the first three quarters of 2010, according to Nielsen.
Levi Strauss & Co held the review with the aim of consolidating the business previously shared between its roster agencies.
At the time a Levi Strauss spokesman said its aim was to "create a consistent brand platform" and to "leverage the company’s global footprint to create efficiencies around the world".
OMD won media planning and buying duties for the Levi's and Dockers brands in North America in October 2008. The incumbent on the account was Interpublic-owned Initiative.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Windsor
- Business Development Executive | £25-30K Dynamic New Alliances £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Officer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Midweight Designer - Highly sought-after Branding Agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London