MRM London hires Oglivy's Barker as client services director
MRM London has appointed Ogilvy Group's managing director on its Vodafone global account, Richard Barker, as client services director.
Barker will replace outgoing client services director Tom Wason and lead MRM's EMEA relationship with Intel, the agency's global client partner.
Barker joined Ogilvy in 2004. He was the agency's management partner for IBM and led the brand's advertising, direct, digital and search. He was also head of interactive services for OgilvyOne Worldwide.
As managing director for the Vodafone Global account, he was responsible for corporate global digital strategy and for managing the ongoing delivery of a multi-discipline, 40-member team from across multiple Ogilvy agencies.
Within Interactive Services, he turned around an underperforming department in 18 months by implementing a complete change programme.
Mike Cornwell, MRM London, chief executive, said: "Richard's track record in managing complex multi-disciplinary accounts is excellent, as is his ability to bring the best out of high-performing teams.
"He has a perfect CV for our remit to deliver measurable, technology driven marketing solutions for our clients."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014