Vodafone crowdsources F1 sponsorship brief
Vodafone is looking outside its roster of WPP agencies by crowdsourcing a global brief, in a bid to boost the public appeal of its sponsorship deal with the McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 Racing team.
Global strategy for Vodafone has been handled by Team Vodafone, a collective of WPP agencies led by JWT, since March 2009. BBH handles the company's UK business.
The brand has hired crowdsourcing specialist Idea Bounty to relaunch its sponsorship of the McLaren Mercedes F1 Racing team and make its customers feel more connected to racing.
Digital and social media is at the core of Vodafone's $10,000 'Big ideas' brief, which intends to reinvigorate people's perception and relationship with the telecoms brand.
Vodafone wants 'Big Idea' to move across traditional media channels and adapt to suit local markets.
Vodafone said it will bring a sense of fun and playfulness to Vodafone's F1 sponsorship and spread the message that "everyone can enjoy F1".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'