Vodafone crowdsources F1 sponsorship brief
Vodafone is looking outside its roster of WPP agencies by crowdsourcing a global brief, in a bid to boost the public appeal of its sponsorship deal with the McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 Racing team.
Global strategy for Vodafone has been handled by Team Vodafone, a collective of WPP agencies led by JWT, since March 2009. BBH handles the company's UK business.
The brand has hired crowdsourcing specialist Idea Bounty to relaunch its sponsorship of the McLaren Mercedes F1 Racing team and make its customers feel more connected to racing.
Digital and social media is at the core of Vodafone's $10,000 'Big ideas' brief, which intends to reinvigorate people's perception and relationship with the telecoms brand.
Vodafone wants 'Big Idea' to move across traditional media channels and adapt to suit local markets.
Vodafone said it will bring a sense of fun and playfulness to Vodafone's F1 sponsorship and spread the message that "everyone can enjoy F1".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films