Game Group looks to consolidate ads
Game Group, the video games retailer, is talking to agencies as it looks to consolidate its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe.
The agency currently works with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. Cheethambell JWT, the Manchester-based agency, was appointed to Game's £4 million UK ad account in 2004 and is expected to repitch for the business.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand Gamestation.
Work on the integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building.
The review follows the appointment of Game's new chief marketing officer, Dave Hughes, who joined the company last month.
Game Group was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Mid weight Planner | £40-50K Dynamic New Alliances £40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Scrum Master Digital Gurus £45000 - £62000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager | Social | £27-33K | London Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + Excellent Package , City of London
- Account Director | £45,000 | Digital & Social Dynamic New Alliances £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push