In association with
Guinness 'St Patrick's Day' by AMV BBDO
Campaign Work, Wednesday, 09 March 2011 12:49PM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has created a new ad for Guinness to promote the brand in conjunction with St. Patrick's Day on 17 March.
The ad aims to encourage the traditionally reserved British male to befriend other males in preparation for St. Patrick’s Day, ‘the friendliest day of the year’.
The campaign consists of three spots "man hug" and "smiling" and, "conversations with a stranger". Man hug features two men in a bar hugging awkwardly while a voiceover advises on how to enter an appropriate stance.
The campaign will appear on Facebook, YouTube and on Pub TV. Media was planned
and bought by Carat. The ad was written by Aidan McClure and the art director was Laurent Simon. The director was Matt Dilmore through Epoch London.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Copywriter (shopper marketing, retail, agency) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- SEO Account Director - Rapidly Expanding Media Agency Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Sales Manager - Performance & Brand Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Commercial Manager - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'