Weight Watchers in £12m creative pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 March 2011 08:00AM
Weight Watchers, the diet club and slimming foods brand, is reviewing its £12m consolidated advertising account.
The review coincides with plans by Weight Watchers to emulate its US strategy by opening high-street stores in the UK in a bid to modernise its brand.
The company traditionally divides its advertising between its range of food and drinks, some of which are licensed to Heinz and are not affected by the review, and its slimming club.
It has already contacted agencies to invite them to pitch for the business.
Isobel works on the Weight Watchers food range and McCann Erickson oversees advertising for the brand's slimming club.
VCCP handles the Weight Watchers/Heinz joint venture, which does not constitute part of the pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account/Project Manager - Brand Campaigns Kate Marsh Recruitment up to £32K, East London
- Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager The Great & The Good £30,000 - £35,000, South West London
- Internal Communications Executive / Manager ADLIB Salary Flexible DOE, Bristol
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office