Sara Lee calls £125m global media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 March 2011 11:40AM
Sara Lee is reviewing its estimated £125 million international media planning and buying business for its bakery and beverage division.
The review focuses on seven markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well as Australia, New Zealand and Thailand. The US business is unaffected by the review.
The move comes after the company offloaded its European personal care business in the past six months to focus on its core food brands.
Sara Lee has approached a number of agencies ahead of a pitch, inviting RFIs to be received in the coming week.
In the UK, the only remaining Sara Lee brand is the coffee range Douwe Egberts. Manning Gottlieb OMD is the incumbent on the estimated £2 million account.
Internationally, Sara Lee brands include the frozen dessert Bon Gateaux and the coffee range Chat Noir.
OMD has handled Sara Lee's consolidated media account in Europe since 2006, after the business had previously been split among local agencies. A review in 2004 saw Sara Lee consolidate its £125 million US account into Publicis Groupe's Starcom.
In December, Unilever acquired Sara Lee's £1 billion European body care business. And in January, it sold its international shoe business to SC Johnson for £205.7million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films