Flintoff flies flag for Morrisons TV ad
Morrisons has launched a patriotic TV ad starring cricketer Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff to lift the spirits of the nation.
The ad campaign, ‘Let's Celebrate’ launched last night with a 60-second TV ad, created by DLKW Lowe.
Written by creatives Tom Hudson and Lee Goulding and directed by Jonny Campbell of Mustard films, the campaign reunites Morrisons group of inquisitive school children from previous adverts and teams them up with the cricketing legend.
The spot sees Flintoff and the kids attempt to raise the mood of the nation by looking forward to the forthcoming four-day bank holiday weekends, improving weather and the Royal Wedding, which will provide some opportunities for celebration.
Flintoff and the kids lead a crowd of enthusiastic followers to Morrisons in search of 'great food prepared fresh in the store' to help really enjoy the upcoming celebrations.
Morrisons head of advertising and media Richard Burgess said: "For Morrisons Freddie was the perfect candidate, he epitomises the feel good and upbeat nature of the campaign.
"The advert is about acknowledging that times are tough for British families at the moment, but that there are things to look forward to, so Freddie's character was the perfect cheerleader for the nation to deliver this message."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland