Dulux dog returns for 50th anniversary campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 08:00AM
One of the most recognised advertising icons of all time, the Dulux dog, is to return to TV screens to mark the 50th anniversary of the brand
Dulux owner AkzoNobel has appointed McCann London, which handles creative for its Cuprinol and Ronseal brands, to handle a one-off project that will see the current Dulux dog, "spud", on TV in a pre-Easter campaign.
Ads featuring the famous sheepdog first ran in 1961 and last appeared in 2003. They will return following a Facebook campaign, created in partnership with MediaCom, that encourages consumers to consider a home makeoever.
McCann’s appointment to the project coincides with a review by Dulux of its global advertising business after parting company with its global agency Euro RSCG London last month.
The paint brand is considering ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach. The pitch is being led by Sucheta Govil, global marketing director for AkzoNobel.
The process is being managed internally and not being handled by Agency Insight, as previously reported.
RFIs have been sent out to agencies and the Dulux marketing team is in the process of defining how the pitch is run and coming up with a shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SENIOR UI DESIGNER - £60-80K - LONDON Salt £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs