BBH establishes new venture capital fund
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 10:40AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty is launching a venture capital fund, to be called The Black Sheep Fund, to invest in brand-centred businesses in the consumer, digital and media sectors.
BBH is launching the fund in partnership with Spark Venture Management, a venture capital company whose previous investments have included lastminute.com and notonthehighstreet.com.
BBH's brand invention unit, Zag, is providing an initial "cornerstone" investment to start the fund, which is aiming to raise £10 million to provide capital for start-ups. It will also offer the skills and expertise to help new businesses establish themselves and grow.
Zag, which was launched in 2006 and floated on AIM last year, has a market value of £10 million. The unit's launches include Ila, the rape alarm brand, and Bo Peep, an accessories brand.
Neil Munn, the Zag chief executive, said: "The Black Sheep Fund is a really exciting new way for us to identify and invest in brand-based start-ups. Our approach to deal flow and due diligence is very complementary to that provided by Spark. Our ambition is that The Black Sheep Fund becomes a competitive source of funding in the market place."
Tom Teichman, the chairman of Spark, said: "Now we will be harvesting and harnessing the brilliant start-up ideas in a systematic way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Advertising Northumbria University SL: £37,756 - £46,400; L: £32,590 - £36,661, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Red Sofa London £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Producer/ Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Print & Promotions Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)