M4C's future secure as Peter Kemp appointed managing director
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 10:30AM
M4C, the Group M agency dedicated to the planning and buying of the Government's paid-for communications, has promoted Peter Kemp to the role of managing director.
The move follows Government reassurances that the future of M4C is secure, despite recent recommendations that a new Government Communications Centre replace COI.
Kemp, previously the head of planning at M4C before its managing director, Alex Altman, left to join Initiative last August, will continue to report to Jane Ratcliffe, who, in addition to her role as the chairman of the WPP agency MediaCom, is also the chief executive of M4C.
Before the creation of M4C, Kemp worked alongside Altman at MEC where he was a board strategy director.
He was also employed at Naked Communications as a senior strategist.
Kemp said that the recommendation by Matt Tee, the outgoing permanent secretary for government communications, that COI should be replaced with the Government Communications Centre, would not harm the agency. He said: "We are the dedicated media planning and buying operation for the government. It doesn't affect what we do."
Since dropping from 70 to 25 employees due to cuts, M4C is now hiring and is looking to recruit a head of planning and more staff into its digital, planning and account teams.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Manager Gemini Search £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car allowance, London
- Existing Sales & Promo Planner - NowTV Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Art Director Major Players £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Editor Major Players £250 - £300 per day, London
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- International Women's Day: 'I want to be me' says Mel Cruickshank