Manning Gottlieb OMD wins One FMCG account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 April 2011 09:50AM
Omnicom-owned Manning Gottlieb OMD has won the media planning and buying business for One, a range of ethical FMCG products marketed by Global Ethics, a not for profit organisation.
The incumbent on the business was Mindshare, and the account was moved without a competitive pitch.
One markets a range of fast-moving consumer goods, including bottled water, toilet roll and hand wash, the proceeds from which go to humanitarian projects in developing countries.
The brand’s strapline encourages UK consumers to "do One good thing" and buy One products.
Manning Gottlieb OMD will be responsible for raising brand awareness and engagement with the One brand, as the range expands this month to include One organic free-range eggs and One sticking plasters.
Profits from the sale of any One branded products fund like-for-like projects in developing countries, such as One water products that fund water projects and One toilet tissue and hand wash that fund sanitation projects.
In addition, new range additions One eggs and One plasters will fund chicken projects that provide a source of food and income, and medical kits and bicycle ambulances respectively.
To date, the business has raised £6.2m, and claims to have positively and permanently changed the lives of 1.4 million people in Africa.
Michael Florence, business director at Manning Gottlieb OMD, said: "We are excited about working with One, as we believe that there is a massive opportunity to influence attitude and behaviour simply by prompting our audience when there are thinking about buying everyday necessities – choose the right one."
Ashley Stockwell, global sales, marketing and brand director for the One Foundation, said: "It's great to be working with the team at MGOMD.
"We are really looking forward to creating innovative and effective campaigns. The challenge to deliver exceptional results for limited spend, while increasing awareness of One-branded products is already underway, thus enabling us to make an even bigger difference for those that need it most."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel