RKCR/Y&R lands London's global tourism brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 April 2011 08:00AM
London & Partners, the new body that will promote tourism in London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its global advertising account.
The agency successfully pitched for the business earlier this week against DLKW Lowe and Publicis London. The COI handled the pitch process, working alongside the London & Partners marketing chief Martine Ainsworth-Wells.
RKCR/Y&R will now be responsible for handling all of the marketing activity undertaken by London & Partners, to help boost the number of tourists that visit the capital.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson launched London & Partners on 1 April in an effort to create a stronger global brand for the city.
The not-for-profit organisation merges Visit London, Think London and Study London in to one body, and aims to give London a more "co-ordinated and strategic approach to international promotion" in the run-up to and during the 2012 London Olympic Games.
It was formed following the government’s Comprehensive Spending Review, which put an end to the £480 million annual settlement provided to the London Development Agency.
Johnson is said to be keen to capitalise on all the major opportunities that upcoming London events will provide, such as the Royal Wedding and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, as well as the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Brand Strategist & Senior Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £60k-£90k + neg + generous benefits, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East