RKCR/Y&R lands London's global tourism brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 April 2011 08:00AM
London & Partners, the new body that will promote tourism in London, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its global advertising account.
The agency successfully pitched for the business earlier this week against DLKW Lowe and Publicis London. The COI handled the pitch process, working alongside the London & Partners marketing chief Martine Ainsworth-Wells.
RKCR/Y&R will now be responsible for handling all of the marketing activity undertaken by London & Partners, to help boost the number of tourists that visit the capital.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson launched London & Partners on 1 April in an effort to create a stronger global brand for the city.
The not-for-profit organisation merges Visit London, Think London and Study London in to one body, and aims to give London a more "co-ordinated and strategic approach to international promotion" in the run-up to and during the 2012 London Olympic Games.
It was formed following the government’s Comprehensive Spending Review, which put an end to the £480 million annual settlement provided to the London Development Agency.
Johnson is said to be keen to capitalise on all the major opportunities that upcoming London events will provide, such as the Royal Wedding and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, as well as the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer become £33K, Central London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency