Desperados invites consumers to party on YouTube
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 April 2011 09:30AM
Desperados, the tequila-flavoured beer brand, has created a YouTube channel that hosts an interactive ad, which viewers can use to connect with Facebook friends.
The Desperados ads (see demo above), created by Dufresne Corrigan Scarlett, the France-based creative agency, and MediaMonks, the digital production agency, invite users to join the party.
Viewers must first reveal their age to enter the party, where they are greeted by partygoers. They are then asked if they want to invite their Facebook friends. When users select "yes", they are instructed to pull the scroller on the bottom of the video across three times to break down a wall.
Behind the wall is a heaving, dancing crowd. The video ends with a woman unveiling a Desperados tattoo on her shoulder, which is photographed by a partygoer with a mobile phone.
Users are then allowed to post a message to share their experience on Twitter and Facebook wall, and send personal invites to their Facebook friends to join the Desperados party.
The ad has already amassed 70,000 views in 100 countries, since it broke on 5 April.
Desperados follows Tippex, the correction fluid brand, which launched an innovative YouTube ad in September last year, offering users the opportunity to choose what happens next after a hunter refuses to shoot a grizzly bear.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- CEO Gail Gallie departs Fallon
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp is consulting for WPP