Diageo looks to add social media skills to its roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 April 2011 08:00AM
Diageo is searching for agencies with social media capabilities to its advertising roster.
The alcohol giant, which counts Smirnoff, Guinness, and Pimm's among the brands in its portfolio, is understood to have opened talks with agencies about its plans as it looks to introduce greater social media support for its brands.
News of the pitch follows recent reports Diageo is looking to overhaul the way in which it handles its agency relationships.
The company is said to be abolishing the "lead agency" concept, and instead switching to a system where the agency with the best idea – regardless of discipline – will oversee a campaign.
Agencies currently on Diageo's roster include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Chemistry, RPM, TMW and Agency Republic.
The company has invested heavily in social media for a limited number of its brands, such as Bailey's, however it has yet to commit to the same extent with other brands in its portfolio.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014