My YouTube ad of the week: Kristof Fahy, William Hill
Campaign YouTube, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 05:35PM
Kristof Fahy reviews Air New Zealand
Kristof Fahy, group brand and marketing director, William Hill
Why I like it
It's been hard to miss the Air New Zealand work on my daily travels. While, on a bad day, you can get a little irritated by the happy, wholesome style, I have to say that it has adopted a successfully down-to-earth, friendly, fun positioning. This has cut through and given it a clear position in a crowded and highly competitive market.
Then this video turns up and it's, well, just great. Exactly the kind of thing that will make you feel at home on the plane and reinforce all the work (and investment) it has done in getting you there. Simple, effective and a great example of taking a brand proposition through all the key touchpoints and using digital to drive awareness.
Wish I'd thought of
Air New Zealand has been creating brilliant safety videos for a while – and it's great to see a brand take an attitude beyond above the line.
And the best thing about this approach? It delivers what it needs to do, which is to get people to actually watch the safety film on flights. The added benefit is they can do that before they've even bought a ticket.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands
- Analytics Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool