OgilvyOne resigns ActionAid UK account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 09:10AM
WPP's OgilvyOne London has resigned the creative account for anti-poverty charity ActionAid UK, with immediate effect.
OgilvyOne won the charity's account in April 2010, beating off competition from two undisclosed agencies.
It created a campaign that launched in December and included a TV ad that appealed to viewers to sponsor a child in a third-world country, and ensure they have access to clean water.
OgilvyOne said that during its one-month notice period, it would co-operate with ActionAid UK and any successor agencies to ensure a smooth transition on the account.
At the end of November, ActionAid International ran an in-house created press ad in UK newspapers, attacking SAB Miller, the owner of beer brand Grolsch, on its tax record in Africa.
SAB Miller is a client of Ogilvy SA, the South African communications group in which WPP's Ogilvy & Mather recently announced it was to increase its stake from 49.9% to 59%.
An OgilvyOne spokesman denied there was a connection between ActionAid's SAB Miller ads and the agency resigning the account.
ActionAid did not respond to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account